Front End Developer/Designer
Newsday Interactive’s award winning design team is seeking a Front End Developer/ Designer or Full Stack Designer with multiple design, content, and editorial related responsibilities for projects across all of Newsday.com properties. Projects will include: creating new robust user experiences, UI design, web page design and content generation. The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter, passionate about both user experience and design, and enjoy collaborating with a fast-paced team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist with design and editorial efforts to develop and enhance our brand presence.
- Take responsibility for design related projects including building and updating webpages with HTML, SASS, CSS, and JS, and testing for seamless experiences across IE11, Firefox, Chrome, and mobile devices.
- Create mockups and UI designs in Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator.
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize the performance of web pages, and content
- Working with existing CMS system and Wordpress to create visually striking and unique user experiences for daily and special projects.
What You Need For This Position:
- 2+ years of Front-end Development and 2+ years of Design experience.
- Highly creative with experience designing, developing and implementing web pages, landing pages.
- Proficiency in all aspects of front-end development including HTML, CSS, SASS, JS, Grunt.
- Proficiency in basic design platforms such as Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience in logo design and manipulation.
- Experience with SEO and semantic markup.
- Excellent time and project management skills to drive multiple project schedules simultaneously and ensure launch deliverables are met on time.
- Independent worker with strong self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to excel within a fast-paced environment of change.
- Accountable and keen attention to detail and proficient follow up.
- Solid quantitative/analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively cross functionally with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including editing, proof-reading and crafting content.
- Desk jobs are largely sedentary roles that would require one’s ability to sit for extended period of time up to full 8 hour shift; may occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. for files and supplies; ability to reach, bend.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.