Associate Product Manager
- Full Time
What you’ll be doing...
The Associate Product Manager is an expert on our solution that can apply that knowledge against the needs expressed by the marketplace and our various sales channels. This role is primarily focused on being the go-to contact for a number of internal stakeholders and processes. You will need to support their product questions and understand if our solution meets a prospect's needs. The associate product manager will also own the process around gathering requests for product enhancements throughout the organization. This role is also responsible to obtain and prioritize product and customer requirements and assist the Product Management team in defining the product vision. The Associate Product Manager works closely with product managers, stakeholders, sales and the operations teams to deliver successful products and services to support the organization’s overall strategy.
- Become the subject matter expert on key market issues and customer problems that impact product capabilities
- Work to develop an ongoing customer board that can be used for specific feedback on projects under development
- Work closely with Verizon Go to Market team to coordinate actions and needs around product launches and ongoing support
- Assist in leading cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives, as well as, act as a contact for sales, support, implementation, and development
- Quickly respond to inquiries from sales team members with clear answers on product capabilities and confident positioning to provide prospects
- Update wiki content, user guides, internal processes as it relates to product content
- Communicate ongoing release items and notes with all relevant internal stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with prospects in the sales process, including supporting sales in demo and opportunity discussions
- Group and sort enhancement traffic to identify product needs across the business
- Identify customer needs and market problems that would help to drive product roadmap decisions.
- Work with Product Team to build product roadmap
- Create customer journey flow diagrams to align business stakeholders then ensure user stories map back to desired journey
- Effective management of issues/risks including escalations when needed
- Analysis of business request to generate Features and User Stories
- Maintain Product Backlog
- Prepare and present Product Intuitive documentation to all levels within the company including executives, business managers and technical teams and business partners external to the company
- Work with Level 1/2/3 Support to identify routine request for consideration for automation
What we’re looking for...
- BA/BS degree or higher, with emphasis on business or writing programs
- Proven written business communication or technical writing experience
- Experience working with or supporting B2B sales teams on complex opportunities
- Ability to manage needs from cross-functional teams members against tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.