Digital News Producer
13abc WTVG in Toledo has a creative opportunity for a Digital News Producer.
The Digital News Producer will oversee digital content including 13abc.com and 13abc social media platforms. The Digital News Producer is responsible for executing defined strategies for growth.
The Digital News Producer will be expected to regularly update digital and social platforms and work closely with the news team to be certain that 13abc users find valuable information and have a positive experience. Additionally, the Digital News Producer will oversee content contributed by newsroom staff for quality and accuracy.
The digital news producer will coordinate visual content generated by the news team into compelling digital journalism by use of slideshows, videos, links, polls, live streams, live chats and other features.
• A proven record of success in production and distribution of local news
• Media-related bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience in journalism
• 2+ years of digital content experience
• Strong writing skills and a background in digital news; HTML experience is a plus
• Proven leadership skills and excellent news judgment
• A successful track record utilizing multimedia digital assets to maximize how news is covered and distributed
• A passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
• A community-minded spirit and vision to expand the stations’ outreach through coverage of impactful events to the greater region we serve
• Success in growing an organization’s social and digital footprint, especially within key demographics
• Ability to teach and lead by example while using the latest technology
• Attend daily news meetings, and work closely with newsroom colleagues in various locations to identify and promote upcoming content on different media platforms
• Ability to cover news independently, accurately creatively and quickly under deadline pressure
• Understanding of web and social media best practices
• Willingness to take direction as a team player is essential
• Highly motivated and a self-starter
Candidates must exhibit a strong work ethic, excellent people skills, and must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
Passing a drug screening and motor vehicle records check are conditions of employment. Gray Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the News Directors discretion.
To apply, please send a resume, demo reel and cover letter to: www.gray.tv/applynow
or mail: Brian Trauring
4247 Dorr St.
Toledo, OH 43607