Email Marketing Manager, Crown
Posted: 12/5/2017 | Expires: 1/4/2018
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Audience Development
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Email Marketing Manager
The Crown Publishing Group is currently seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join their Community Development team, which is charged with overall direct-to-reader engagement programs online. Crown’s online verticals supported by email marketing initiatives include Read it Forward, Taste, Punch, WaterBrook Multnomah, Books for Better Living, Season of Stories, and Blogging for Books. The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic execution of email newsletters across Crown Publishing, with a strategic focus on assigned communities.
* Hardcode, proof and deploy upwards of 40 email campaigns a month
* Coordinate newsletter editorial and deployment schedule for 3-4 communities
* Coordinate with Marketing and Community Development team
* Light copy editing as newsletters warrant (Subject Lines, Headlines, Typographical Errors)
* Create A/B test cases for Content, Subject Lines, Features and list filtering for segmented sends
* Coordinate regular email acquisition campaigns in collaboration with Marketing, Publicity, Community Development team
* Build welcome and follow-up campaigns as well as plan out onboarding and retention for larger sweeps
* Analyze data from email client and website traffic reporting. Relay results/opportunities to team. Execute next steps as part of Audience Development initiatives
* Acts as a leader for Email Marketing best practices
* Creates guidelines and tutorials for Email Marketing as assigned
* Working with author email programs for co-registration opportunities and performance evaluation.
* Researches, develops, executes Popup/Mobile/landing page campaigns for email acquisition
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* 3-4 years of Email Marketing Experience, Online Marketing, and/or Web Development
* Must be able to code and fix rendering issues across desktop, mobile and web-based email clients
* Strong Experience with Email Marketing Software (Experian/CheetahMail a plus, but not required)
* Strong Written Communication Skills
* Familiarity with Email Marketing Guidelines and Best Practices
* Ability to work in an HTML editor (Sublime/Litmus/Adobe Dreamweaver/Atom)
* Possessing an Organized, Analytical, Detail-Oriented Approach to Projects
* Ability to Multitask while Prioritizing Workload
* Willingness to Work Collaboratively
* Possessing an ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’ – the ideal candidate brings new ideas and solutions to the group and is open to experimentation in emerging technologies.
Experience & Education (minimum requirements):
* College Degree Preferred
* Required: HTML, Basic Photo Editing (Photoshop), Email Marketing Software experience, Microsoft Office Suite
* Optional, but ideal: CMS Experience (WordPress preferred), SMS/Mobile Experience, Basic Analytics (Omniture)
Please provide portfolio when applying for this position.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.