Digital Content Editor
The candidate will be charged with leading content initiatives for AKC web properties. The digital content editor will manage the editorial process, including curating from within the organization, nurturing external pitches, assigning, editing, publishing and gauging engagement. This person should be well versed in dog ownership and have an insatiable drive for storytelling and finding unique ways to talk about everything from evergreen issues to breaking news that impacts our audience. The ability to manage a broad list of projects while maintaining our editorial standards is essential.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Own brand voice and manage creation strategy and implementation
- Manage freelancer writers, fact checkers, photographers and content uploaders
- Seek and develop stories that highlight the work of the organization – from charitable works to business initiatives
- Support advertising efforts by finding innovative editorial approaches that balance the clients’ needs, organization’s mission and audience’s interests
- Collaborate with a newsletter and social media teams to provide content that engages and delights.
- Own editorial content calendar