Technical Project Manager – Regional Sports Networks
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
The Technical Project Manager will plan, manage, and deliver projects, from conception through testing and deployment, for the NBC Sports Regional Networks, delivering cross-platform products, with the overarching goal of providing deliverables within scope, budget and timelines.
• Collaborate with product, technical, and operational teams to determine business and technical requirements for new product delivery
• Create detailed project schedules/plans, test plans, risk plans, budgets, communication plans, scope statements, etc. using generally accepted project management processes and tools
• Develop resource plans by working with team leaders to ensure appropriate resources are in place throughout each project
• Provide guidance to internal and vendor teams on project requirements and integrations
• Coordinate project deliverables to ensure team is on track and communicate progress to all stakeholders in an organized and formal manner
• Incorporate quality control processes into each project and lead QA, load testing and User Acceptance Testing
• Manage medium-sized portfolio of projects strategically, identifying synergies amongst a series of inter-related projects to help define an optimal project roadmap
• Proactively identify opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies. Help develop strategies and procedures for continual improvement for project delivery
• Clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a Project Management role using MS Project or similar software, working within a technology team, technology department or an IT department
Proven experience to carry out project management concepts, preferably PMI‘s PMBOK, Waterfall and/or Agile SDLC methodologies
Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
Ability to understand and absorb technical requirements and translate into actionable deliverables, evaluate new ideas, manage tradeoffs, or identify risks
Excellent organization skills with attention to detail. Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment and to multitask.
Ability to effectively organize meetings including; creating pertinent agendas, managing conversations, and summarizing the results into a set of decisions made and next steps
Experience coordinating with multiple internal departments (i.e. Business Development, Sales, Network Operations, WebOps, Analytics, Ad Sales Operations, etc.) to complete projects on time
Experience working with external resources, including vendors and freelancers
Ability to manage change in a controlled manner, identify and understand regular requests for change and quickly determine project impact on budget, schedule, scope and risk.
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: 37286BR)
Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Experience delivering projects of technical complexity. Knowledge of connected device or video streaming technology
Knowledge of web, online video and mobile standards, best practices, design and usability principles, and constraints
Ability to self-start, self-manage, meet deadlines and learn from mistakes
Thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Possess a passion for digital media and the sports business
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.