Senior Director of National Sales, Regional Sports Networks
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Sr. Director of National Sales, Regional Sports Networks; will be reporting into the VP of Sales. The primary responsibility will be day to day management of the NBC National RSN Sales Team of Directors and Account Managers to implement the collective strategy across agencies and advertisers in order to grow revenue and achieve business plan goals. Ideal candidate will be a strong leader and creative seller with a passion for sports to take the NBC Sports Regional Network national sales team to the next level.
• Lead a team of 8 Directors and Account Managers (based in NY, CH, LA) toward revenue goals across multiple platforms.
• Oversight of National Network Sales revenue and strategy
• Develop new business with both client direct and Agency contacts for the NBC RSNs
• Work with existing NBC Owned Stations National sales team to increase revenue and sponsorships for the Regional Sports Networks
• Grow Sponsorship Base
• Monetize Special Opportunities & Integrated Programming
• Extend programming content & sponsorship elements onto the RSN Platforms to increase revenue …utilizing Integrated Sales Marketing and Production
• Cultivate and develop relationships with key agencies and advertisers around the country
• 5+ years minimum in Station/Sports/Sponsorship sales, management experience preferred
• Major market sales experience
• Clear understanding and experience in all media, including emerging digital platforms
• Bachelor's degree
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Travel required to RSN markets as well as Regional Agency/Clients.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Solid experience in local and/or national television sales
• Strong negotiation, strategic planning, organization, business development, internet and computer skills
• Strong understanding of the Regional Sports/Sponsorship Business
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.