Digital Marketing Manager, CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Digital Marketing Manager on CNBC’s marketing team will play a pivotal role in shaping and rolling out the organization’s brand and loyalty strategies. This position will be a key player in CNBC’s digital product marketing strategy and implementing digital audience growth plans for the world’s leading provider of business and financial news. The ideal candidate will have direct response marketing background, strong organization skills and ability to juggle multiple projects.
Our position provides a unique opportunity to work directly with CNBC digital leadership, executing comprehensive solutions across platforms, while at the forefront of emerging digital trends.
By using data-driven, actionable insights, the Manager will focus on building loyalty with our existing users and visitors, as well as extending our reach to potential audiences.
• Develop strategic marketing plans to build adoption across CNBC’s wide variety of digital products including mobile and OTT apps and emerging platforms such as Amazon Alexa
• Accelerate growth of CNBC’s email newsletter programs, including acquisition and retention efforts and working with editorial on optimization
• Collaborate with social media editorial team to grow audiences on established social media platforms; provide recommendations on emerging opportunities
• Oversee creative development for and execution of online and offline campaigns; copywriting often required
• Minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably in media
• Proven track record building marketing campaigns with clear KPI’s and measurement plans
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into cohesive summaries
• Familiarity with web analytics tool such as Omniture a plus
• Interest in business news a plus but not required
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle from NYC and parts of NJ, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Intuitive thinking with a passion for data driven marketing
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done in a lean environment
• Strong organization skills, quality assurance and business focus –nothing gets by you!
• You can talk the talk—clearly and effectively communicating with peers, managers, and senior stakeholders
• You push against the status quo—you want to learn, grow and become an indispensable part of the team
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.