News Creative Producer
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Conceptualize the creation of compelling news promotions for on-air, radio, cable, online, social media, and off-air.
• Work with the VP Creative and Manager Creative to achieve any news promotions goals
• Takes part in all phases of promotions including concept development, compilation of footage, writing, postproduction, legal approvals and adaptation to other platforms.
• Create and maintain news brand/talent image promotions
• Create POP (proof-of-performance spots) and year ended promos
• Creates, conceptualizes and brings new innovative multiplatform ideas to promote our News programs
• Ensures that all promotions have been approved by the legal department
• Ensures that all images, photos and fonts used for the creation of the promo are extracted from legal sources
• Works hand in hand with the News departments, marketing and digital teams, creating concepts and strategies that will elevate the News Telemundo programs or coverage
• Remain up-to-date with the latest news online and industry trends.
• Be proactive and suggest promotions based on current events
• Participates in News senior level meetings and calls as required
• Works well under pressure with tight deadlines and managing multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Ability to work any shift in a 24/7 news environment including nights, weekends, overnights and holidays if is required by an special coverage or breaking news
• Other duties as assigned
• B.S/B.A in Communications or Journalism
• 5+ years working in news and/or promotions area
• Fluent and excellent grammar in Spanish
• Knowledge of edit systems such as AVID/Interplay
• Must be available to work evenings/weekends/holidays if necessary
• Must have excellent Spanish written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with keen ability to manage up
• Must have strong organizational skills, and strong news judgment.
• Experience in News promotions necessary
• Field production knowledge helpful
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
The News Lead Creative will have ownership and responsibility from concept, writing, producing to delivery and maintenance of promotional 360 content that effectively and creatively promotes “Noticias Telemundo’s” brand, newscast, shows and properties. Responsibilities will include developing and producing campaigns and promotions for all news properties such as: “Al Rojo Vivo”, “Noticiero Telemundo”, “Enfoque” and /or any News programs or special coverage shows including breaking news and events in a way that attracts audiences and increases overall market share. Candidates should be highly skilled at time management, organized, creative and a problem solver. This position will require scheduling flexibility and the ability to work long and unusual hours is required.