Director of Site Merchandising
Location: Denver, Colorado
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
At Craftsy, our mission is to empower people who can't help but create! Combining cutting-edge expertise in digital marketing, technology, content and eCommerce, Craftsy is a proud new member of the NBCUniversal family. Armed with new partners and infinite possibilities, we’re eager to continue building a customer-first lifestyle learning brand for passionate makers. Our team here navigates challenges by trusting in each other and using data as our compass. We’ve only scratched the surface and we’re ready for more!
We're currently looking for a right- and left-brained marketer who can turn our site into a sticky destination for passionate makers. As Craftsy's Director of Site Merchandising, you’ll establish how to bring our products to life for customers in a differentiated way and how to best utilize the marketing real estate on our website to drive conversion, engagement, and repeat visits. Big picture, you'll be responsible for organic traffic performance and revenue generation, both of which have a profound impact on the business.
•Architect and drive the strategy for a rich, integrated content & commerce experience for both the browsers and shoppers
•Develop the marketing vision and strategy for our site real estate including category pages, feature galleries (aka landing pages), and product pages considering questions like purpose, success metrics, refresh cadence, content creation, etc.
•Own the company’s site marketing calendar and promotional strategies, making the site the central hub of marketing content
•Create an efficient but rich process for getting product displayed on the site including photo, copy, video, shopping tools, etc.
•Own all site metrics and performance, including but not limited to conversion, engagement, repeat visits, etc.
•Oversee the organic traffic channel, including SEO and the blog to maximize free traffic
•Utilize data (Google Analytics + other tools) to understand:
- organic traffic to maximize revenue and return visits
- customer pathing through the site to optimize conversion funnel
- customer engagement with varied forms of site content
•Work cross functionally with:
- Product/Engineering to develop the site product roadmap
- GMs to understand category & product strategy and how to illuminate that on site
- Analysts to understand customer site behavior and perform A/B tests
- Photo and design ops for the creation of assets
• Minimum 5+ years of online marketing or merchandising expertise, ecommerce/retail is a plus
• Strong analytical skills including extensive experience with site tools like Google Analytics, Optimizely (A/B Testing), CrazyEgg (click mapping), etc.
• Prior experience in merchandising or product marketing
• Creative sensibilities, both design and copywriting
• Experience managing a team including direct and indirect reports
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• A Strategic Thinker: Can synthesize info to develop a vision & continually update beliefs.
• A Cross-Functional Communicator & Influencer: Can navigate relationships and inputs from multiple constituents, including cross-functional contributors
• A Right- and Left-Brained Marketer: Very comfortable navigating and utilizing Google Analytics, has a strong understanding of SEO, and can drive towards revenue goals yet all with an appreciation for brand building and a creative eye.
• A True Appreciation of Creativity/Making: Genuine enthusiasm and understanding of our offering and appreciation of how that aligns with our customer’s needs
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.