Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oxygen Media is seeking a Digital Editor to help manage and develop content for digital platforms. The ideal candidate has a broad array of digital editorial experience, including editing, blogging, image manipulation, video production, a solid understanding of how to position content on social media, and the ability to use research and real-time metrics in maximizing content performance. The Digital Editor will be responsible for developing Oxygen's Crime Time vertical into a compelling destination with a unique voice and tone. This role will manage a roster of freelance writers and collaborate on the creation of videos and content to be published natively on social platforms. Excelling in guiding writers and having solid copy editing skills is crucial to this position, but we are also looking for someone who is eager to put a distinctive stamp on the vertical by contributing to the writing as well. Experience and interest in true crime content is a must. Proficiency in web publishing skills (HMTL, CMS environments, Photoshop) is a must. Video editing and production is a plus. Candidates must be metrics and performance-focused, organized, and detail-oriented under deadline pressure. This position reports to Oxygen's Senior Director of Digital Media.
* Manage a roster of freelance writers - assigning, editing and publishing breaking true crime stories as well as thematic features and originally reported pieces.
* Write, report and conduct interviews.
* Collaborate with video producers and social producers to create content for Oxygen.com and its social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
* Pay attention to research reports and real-time metrics to guide content strategies for maximizing unique visitors and video streams.
* Collaborate with social team to develop strategies for maximizing content performance.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 5+ years of experience working for a media company or major website that generates original content, preferably in the true crime space.
* Must submit a cover letter with application.
* High degree of proficiency in writing: blogs, headlines, original reporting, interviewing skills, video scripts, and social media copy.
* High degree of proficiency in analyzing data from web and social reporting tools; Omniture, Facebook Insights, Crowdtangle, Pars.ly, etc.
* Basic video editing skills; advanced skills a plus.
* Experience with Photoshop.
* Knowledge of HTML and CMS environments.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (job #36884BR)
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor.
- Sharp editorial judgment and skills (writing, copy editing).
- Experience optimizing content for social media platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with talent and interview talent.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.