Director, Performance Marketing
Location: Beverly Hills, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Fandango is looking for an experienced Sr. Manager / Director of Performance Marketing to help develop and operate a cohesive ‘growth marketing engine’ that works with functional leads to effectively utilize business intelligence, content, social, CRM, and other business elements to optimally market and thereby grow transactional revenue for our family of brands.
This individual will help establish an optimal structure and operating cadence for marketing via the ‘growth engine’ and will collaborate with the respective brand leads and subject-matter experts to create continuity and optimize throughout the marketing cycle. Working with studio partners and core internal stakeholders, the specific output differs by film/project but will include identifying key audience segments, creating and distributing content and ‘moments of engagement’, and then implementing performance marketing efforts (namely paid performance media) to further drive transactional revenue. In addition to collaborating with functional-experts at discrete points across the platform, this individual will also work with the Brand leads on the cohesive implementation across a specific IP/initiative.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience actively utilizing data to effectively administer and grow marketing efforts, including working with DMPs and DSPs. In addition, this individual will have worked in large-scale direct-to-consumer environments where they continually measured marketing ROI and properly calibrated between targeting and scale potential. This isn’t about building a specific campaign or activation. It’s about helping to build and manage a cohesive marketing engine across Fandango’s assets that is nimble and provides actionable insights to grow the business.
• Support development of and help steward cohesive marketing efforts across a data-centric and engagement-focused platform to improve marketing performance and maximize revenue.
• Manage day-to-day marketing operation of ‘Growth Engine,’ including working with BI, Content, Social, CRM and Brand teams to leverage and further optimize its functionality.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish clear objectives, KPIs, milestones and the plan accordingly for each initiative running through the ‘Growth Engine.’
• Gather data/insights from each initiative and work with key stakeholders to streamline/optimize efforts accordingly.
• Work with brand teams to confirm ongoing marketing needs and identify any gaps in the ‘Growth Engine’ accordingly.
• Champion actionable data via the enrichment and expansion via third- and second-party data partnerships (Live Ramp)
• 5+ years of experience in marketing
o Minimum of 3 years working in direct to consumer performance marketing at scale, with considerable efforts working with DMPs & DSPs
• Proven experience in leveraging data to greatly impact/enhance marketing performance, especially utilizing data to more efficiently buy better performing media.
• Significant experience in marketing through core digital channels such as PPC, RTB, display, affiliates and paid social desired as well as some experience in measuring performance against traditional media channels (TV, radio, etc.)
• Attune to building and optimizing systems with a highly analytical, metrics focused approach
• Deeply analytical and data driven; Candidate should be proficient with CPA, LTV, attribution models, and cohort analysis.
o Experience with Omniture and/or Google Analytics is required.
• Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Bias toward action and strong sense of urgency without compromising executional excellence.
• Strong interpersonal skills that foster teamwork, build confidence and support for one's ideas
• Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate both upwardly and cross functionally
• Ability to work in a complex culture, serving disparate needs
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
• A Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.