Creative Director, Cross Platform Promotions
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Creative Director is responsible for the strategic planning and creative execution of network promotion for Universal Kids as well as the digital content that encompasses Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and any other non-linear platforms. This position is a leadership position and is responsible for the day-to-day direction and motivation of the UK multi-platform creative team to execute innovative campaigns at the highest creative standards. Must be able to lead a team of junior thru senior staff, present concepts to leadership and work with scheduling, marketing, and ad sales to plan desired success of show/digital launches. Must have experience working together on teams which include, writers, designers and motion graphics, digital and Ad sales counterparts. This position reports into the VP, Creative.
• Creative direct all brand related video content including corporate tapes,
sales tapes, promos, sizzle reels, and show packaging from concept to completion.
• Work with VP to help define, roll-out and extend brand voice and maintain brand-style through strong writing identity on all platforms.
• Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies and direct team through production process keeping digital, marketing and project management involved in all projects.
• Oversee and guide producers with the writing/producing of assigned campaigns and extend and adapt messaging to be appropriate on all platforms.
• Manage the creative of freelance producers, find external creative partners, and manage their work product, while growing those relationships and extending all work being to all platforms.
• Liaise with various departments across the organization such as ad sales, affiliate, programming and PR to ensure creation of cohesive, high quality campaigns.
• Manage on-air promotion department including operations, strategic planning, budgeting and process development, form solid working relationships with press, programming and scheduling to gain alignment and consensus on all projects.
• Work closely with CD, On-Air Graphics to ensure cohesion of look in all promo projects.
• Responsible for all elements and involvement of approval of the creation, pre-production, production, execution and post-production of all on-air promotion videos and those video resources created for other departments.
• Management of workload, production and personnel issues of on-air promotion department.
• Manage the priorities, workflow, scheduling, budget and quality control of on-air promotion.
• Review and critique all work based on objectives, budgets and schedules while maintaining a high
level of quality consistent with the networks brand identity.
• Shoot experience a must.
• The ideal candidate will have a 4 year undergraduate degree and a minimum of 10+ years' hands-on experience in consumer advertising, cable industry/entertainment marketing and/or branding & strategic advertising firm.
• Must be able to actively work on projects from writing, editing and production. Work as a high-level Preditor on high level projects.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (job #36699BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY and travel for larger shoots.
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Strong storytelling ability and writing skills.
• Strong creative imagination and evidence of breakthrough promotion campaigns.
• Working knowledge of post-production process in Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere
• Hands on editing experience in Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere
• Must understand the language of: Avid/Final Cut, After Effects and Adobe Suite.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter that is self-motivated with strong collaboration abilities.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in order to manage client relationships.
• Evidence of a high level of expertise in all areas on-air promotion and filmmaking.
• Impeccable organizational skills, deadline oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.