Senior Talent Producer, Squawk Box
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
At CNBC, Senior Talent Producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1 - 3 hour show. Responsibilities include:
* Developing and producing live guest segments. Implement work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
* Find and book compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
* Conduct pre-interviews of guests and script questions for use by anchors and reporters. Handle any necessary travel logistics for guests
* Write compelling copy and teases.
* Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
* Create stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders. Partner with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
* Develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
* Generate original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
* Assist Sr. Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings.
*Minimum of 5 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with a demonstrated writing ability, research skills and telephone communication skills
*Prior experience booking high profile guests and producing segments in a top 20 news market, national platform, or business news environment is strongly preferred.
*Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under daily deadline pressure.
*Solid writing skills and editorial judgment are essential. *Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important. MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background is a huge plus.
*Proficiency with i-News computer system is preferred
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps