Sr. Marketing Manager Digital Retention
Location: Denver, Colorado
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Senior Retention Marketing Manager is responsible for retaining subscription and a-la-carte members through relevant, value-add marketing campaigns. Subscription marketing responsibilities include driving actions associated with high-lifetime-value / long-term membership, new content releases, subscriber win-back campaigns, etc. This person will own campaigns in the email and mobile channel, but will closely with the Direct Mail Manager and Retargeting Manager to coordinate subscriber communications across all channels. This position reports to the VP of Retention.
● Develop marketing strategy for driving paid subscriber engagement, retention and re-subscription
● Develop marketing strategy for driving repeat a-la-carte purchases, engagement and conversion to membership
● Develop campaign strategy and lead campaign execution and optimization in email and mobile channel:
o Segment and target audiences based on behavioral data
o Lead strategy and creative briefing process for campaigns
o Work closely with copy/design partners to develop campaign assets
o Work closely with email operations team to execute campaigns
o Analyze campaign performance and drive optimization efforts
● Work closely with data analytics group to understand what behaviors are associated with high-lifetime-value / long-term membership, and then develop marketing campaign strategy and calendar to drive towards those actions
● Work closely with other Retention Marketing Managers to analyze multi-channel marketing programs (email, mobile, direct mail, retargeting, Facebook), drive optimization, and influence coordinated plans.
● Liaise between multiple groups in the organization (acquisition, analytics, merchandising, creative) to drive agenda and coordinate campaign.
● College Degree
● 4+ years experience of email and/or mobile retention marketing, preferably in subscription-based company
● Owner of a company’s email or push channel with proven ability to analyze performance and drive strategy.
● Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
● Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
● Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
● Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
● Analytical thinker who is proficient in Excel (SQL experience not required.) and is comfortable working with Data Scientists
● Idea generator with experience in in developing creative campaigns and communication strategies.
● Performance obsessed with a penchant for continual iteration and testing
● Thrives in fast-paced environment with ambiguity and is willing to roll his/her sleeves
● Strong relationship-builder who thrives in matrixed organization.
● Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.