Anchor - Telemundo Boston
Location: Newton, Massachusetts
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
Anchors are expected first and foremost to contribute to the team effort of effectively presenting domestic and national news, and generating higher ratings. Further, Anchors are expected to contribute story ideas on a daily basis, and aid producers in the development and writing of all newscasts and multi-platform applications. They are also expected to aid producers and reporters in presenting stories in a fair, accurate and balanced presentation. News Anchors are also responsible for generating a news package on a regular basis, as well as maintaining an active social media following to build on the station’s brand engagement.
• Cover all news stories as assigned by the News Department.
• Produce original content for Digital Platforms.
• Report the facts on station’s news program on tape, digitally and/or live, either in the studio or on location.
• Provide input to the show producer on show content and format
• Be active in social media
• Be expected to report/anchor from field, live shots, interviews, and package stories
• Record daily topicals
• Perform live interviews and/or live demonstrations.
• Research, plan, and schedule stories or segments.
• Edit or supervise the editing of videotape used in conjunction with news stories and programs.
• Write scripts, lead-ins, cues and bridges as requested by supervisor.
• May make appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the station.
• Anchor special projects and non-news shows
• Provide coaching and input on stories to other staff members
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of 4 years reporting experience
Minimum of 2 years of live shot experience
Minimum of 4 years of anchoring experience, from a local station or network news environment
Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the www.nbcunicareers.com site
Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in the Boston area
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must have a valid driver’s license
Must be 18 years or older
Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution Program
Strong live reporting skills. Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
Up to date on and interested in current news events
Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
Upbeat personality and quick wit.
Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Team player who is flexible and can work under tight deadlines
High degree of integrity and professionalism
Strong storytelling skills
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.