Senior Vice President, Daytime Programming and Specials
Location: Hialeah, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The SVP, Daytime Programing and Specials is responsible for overseeing in-house productions, including: daily entertainment, original productions, live events, specials and new development. They will also oversee third party producers, partners and co-productions associated with existing or new productions. In addition, will lead development for new show formats either through internal development or sourced externally via third parties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Telemundo Network Programming to develop and align program goals and objectives.
• Work with EPs to ensure shows have best creative to maximize ratings
• Partner with advertising sales and distribution to maximize commercial opportunities
• Create and develop future slate that is innovative and relevant to US Hispanic audience.
• Manage external relationships with existing and new production companies.
• Work with network management and employees to create a culture of innovation, collaboration, and passion for winning.
• Assure all programs come in on budget and on time
• Ensure that productions are in line with company’s standards and procedures
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• 15+ years of experience in the development and production of Spanish language content relevant to US Hispanic audience
• Hands-on production expertise for scripted and entertainment content
• Prior experience with financial budgeting, forecasting and management of budgets
• Thorough understanding and experience in TV production throughout Latin America and/or U.S Hispanic.
• Strong ability to initiate, develop, and supervise production of TV content
• Strong ability to work in collaboration with creative people including writers, producers and talent
• Structured financial mind with creative abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills with ability to deal with all levels of management
• Thorough understanding of new delivery platforms, business development and repurposing of content
• Strong written and spoken English and Spanish language
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.