Vice President, Strategic Content, NBC News
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Success in today’s media marketplace demands exceptional talent and an abundance of creativity. We are seeing challenges like never before and big challenges require big brains. Huge ones. Production teams need to be obsessed with generating exceptional ideas, and then perfecting their execution. And the leadership for this kind of effort…well, that’s the X Factor.
NBC News is looking for that X Factor to shape and lead our Strategic Content team. We need a Swiss army knife of a person: an unrivaled producer with a body of work we can ooh and ahh at; an ad sales marketer with a track record of rare ideas; a content developer with success making stuff for screens of all sizes; a nimble communicator who can speak the language of happy clients.
Here’s what you’ll do: Leverage some of the most influential news brands in the world to conjure great editorial programs with great advertising hooks that clients and audiences will both love. Rinse and repeat.
If this is you, we want to hear from you.
• Develop and execute content strategies to support monetization for all – TV and Digital – platforms.
• Partner closely with sales and our edit teams to realize monetization opportunities.
• Generate insanely creative content ideas to enhance competitive positioning for all platforms.
• Mold and motivate the strategic content team and work closely across the news organization to execute content programs.
• Catalyze collaboration between digital and TV teams. Be an evangelist for the ‘all-platforms’ mentality.
• Work side-by-side with the Branded Content team inside of Sales to ensure we offer seamless propositions to clients.
• Position NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC as a ‘go to’ content partner for clients in the news marketplace by demonstrating excellence in vision, ideas and execution.
• Identify opportunities for news innovation and lead execution on projects.
• 10+ years experience creating content, ideally with some of that time producing for TV and some for Digital
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Exceptional editorial leader who understands the nuances and standards needs of strategic content.
• Creative thinker who can develop and communicate a compelling vision, and lead through to execution of ideas.
• Business-minded executive, who understands the imperative of monetization in media, is intimately familiar with trends in the ad sales marketplace (linear and digital) and advertiser demands, and familiar with other business models (e.g. ecommerce).
• Strong leader who takes pride in your leadership chops.
• Deep understanding of the news marketplace and the opportunities for strategic content.
• Exceptional communication skills, particularly with articulating strategy and positioning to clients and internal stakeholders.
• Competitive mindset - always looking to outpace competitors and improve positioning for NBC News and MSNBC.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.