Senior Vice President, Publishing
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This exciting position will be responsible for strategy and operations of NBCU's games publishing capabilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for market analysis, slate management, marketing, user acquisition, and revenue optimization across the entire customer lifecycle, both for each app and across the network. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, WW Games and Digital Platforms, this role will be involved in day to day business management in addition to setting future strategies for the group. The position requires working closely with internal and external counterparts on new and existing projects based on NBCU intellectual properties in the gaming arena and other digital categories.
- Set and implement slate strategy, and oversee slate management for NBCU’s Digital Platforms Group.
- Lead all facets of marketing and user acquisition across games and apps utilizing design for market practices, user acquisition, product marketing and go-to-market strategy, campaign optimization.
- Participate in all aspects of a product’s lifecycle, including conception, development, publishing, distribution and marketing.
- Identify avenues for increased monetization and retention optimization.
- Manage and grow senior level relationships with key publishing, development, and platform partners.
- Identify new business opportunities and models in the games, apps, personalization, and mobile content space.
- Negotiate and finalize licensing and/or co-development deals with third party publishing and development partners. Oversee the administration and account management of such deals.
- 10+ years experience working in a strategy or operations management role within the mobile gaming, mobile content, and/or interactive gaming industries.
- Proven track record of negotiating and closing high quality game/app licensing and/or co-development deals.
- Ability to analyze, understand, and react to KPIs.
- Experience in building budgets and a high aptitude for financial planning.
- Strong understanding of adapting brands for development in digital mediums.
- Excellent working knowledge of the mobile content marketplace, including games; apps; personalization; alert tones; and emerging categories.
- Knowledge of PC and Console gaming categories.
- Strong understanding of gaming and digital content trends and policies in international markets.
- Demonstrated technical affinity with a range of mobile and other gaming devices and platforms.
- History of working with a wide variety of business disciplines and stakeholders while delivering exceptional product quality and business results.
- Ability to effectively manage a portfolio of projects; set priorities; and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; high comfort interfacing with senior personnel both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.