Consumer Investigative Producer, WCAU
Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Job Purpose: NBC Universal’s Owned and Operated Television station in the Philadelphia area, WCAU-TV, is looking for a Consumer/Investigative Producer.
• Responsible for researching, writing, gathering video, editing, producing and gathering consumer/investigative content
• Responsible for preparing consumer reports for air, working either independently or with a reporter
• Develop a network of sources and experts to generate enterprise consumer/investigative stories on a daily basis
• Provide editorial guidance; establish contacts in consumer/investigative field, manage tips database and public records requests, compose open records requests, conduct interviews, and contact companies for comment
• Coordinating additional and unique coverage with digital team
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum 4 years experience in television news production
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Willingness to work non-traditional business days/hours, travel and work long hours, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA and the Philadelphia area
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience in consumer investigative newsgathering and/or production
• Experience with news photojournalism and non-linear editing preferred
• Field producing experience
• Experience partnering with legal and working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations as they relate to investigations, undercover content and hidden cameras
• Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
• CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting) skills
• Basic understanding and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Strong computer research skills, and working knowledge of analyzing data
• Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com.
WCAU-TV is Equal Opportunity Employer. NBC10 Job Hotline 610-668-5797.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.