Group Nine is a digital first creative force ranking as the 7th largest digital publisher in the world, but size is not what drives us. We’re driven by telling stories that engage our audiences, that get them talking. So far, so good. We rank as the #1 most engaged digital publisher globally according to Tubular. Our brands know how to tell the stories that resonate with today’s audiences. Our approach is to customize our storytelling to each platform we distribute. That process begins with the right team focused on the right platform. The same holds true for long form programming.
In addition to our brand leads, we have a focused team of seasoned, passionate producers at Group Nine Studios. That team partners with the specialized out-of-house partners to bring the optimal team to each effort.
To further arm the teams when needed, Group Nine has fully staffed production studios in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
This position will report to the Head of Development for Group Nine Studios, and is based in Los Angeles (Century City), CA. Responsibilities:
- Develop new, original content concepts from pitch to pilot with heavy emphasis on pacing, originality, and graphical integration for digital/social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, OTT, etc.)
- Write copy and provide creative direction for presentation decks
- Work with larger Group Nine development team to generate new show programming ideas
- Leverage existing IP, digital franchises and talent to develop original series
- Manage internal brand relationships during both the development and production phases of show creation
- On assigned projects, act as day-to-day contact with production teams, review episodic materials and give notes throughout all phases of development and current programming
- Actively pursue new development opportunities with outside production companies, creative agencies and talent
- Solicit and review external pitches for development consideration
- Coordinate budgets and production management processes to ensure show materials are delivered efficiently and on time
- Bachelor's degree and / or at least 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of both TV industry dynamics and digital video offerings across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat etc.
- Hands-on production experience a plus
- Strong eye for talent and talent development
- Highly organized and able to quickly break down and communicate creative concepts.
- In depth knowledge of various platform content strategies
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.