The IT Support Specialist provides support to users on day-to-day issues involving Mac OS X, Windows 7, Adobe and Microsoft applications. The Desktop Specialist will also be responsible for providing direct hardware and software support for all company tech, including laptops, monitors, peripherals, multifunctional printers/copiers, IP phones and cell phones.
This is a very user-facing position, and as such, strong customer service skills are a requirement for this
role. The company relies heavily on the IT team, and although it can be fast paced, the employees here
appreciate the team immensely when given great support.
● Provide end-user desktop support to local employees, and remotely to all other offices. No
problem is too small or large!
● Assist in the on-boarding process, preparing computers and peripherals for new employees’
● Ensure that user requests are addressed in a timely, courteous and professional manner
● Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft and Adobe software
● Help manage Google Apps email system
● Manage IP phone system and troubleshoot any problems
● Help maintain a registry of all technological assets
● Support A/V and conference room issues
● At least 1 year working in a Desktop Support environment or proven ability to resolve computer
● Working knowledge of Windows 10, iOS & Android, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
● Comfortable working with all levels of employees—from executives to interns—and prioritize
issues when necessary
● Strong problem solving skills
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is a NY and SF-based digital media company consisting of four core brands: Thrillist, NowThis, The Dodo, and Seeker. Our content collectively reaches hundreds of millions of people and is viewed over 4.5 billion times every month. We’re currently working on the evolution of our content and its distribution, focusing on everything from data-driven optimization, to new platform adoption such as Amazon Alexa and VR.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.