This position will report to the Head of Development for Group Nine Studios and is based in Los Angeles (Century City), CA.
- Produce and develop television and digital sizzles, contributing to ideation, scripting, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, and finishing processes
- Coordinate production schedules, talent, and resources
- Edit sizzles and casting selects on Adobe Premiere
- Find footage and edit together rip-o-matics
- Use Photoshop and After Effects to enhance sizzle reels and design motion graphics
- Participate in development brainstorms and the overall creative development process
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 3-5 years experience as editor/producer with working knowledge of graphic design and development
- Highly organized and assumes responsibilities & accountability for assignments and tasks
- Manages time; focuses on urgent and important tasks; avoids procrastination; follows up; shows strong attention to detail; meets deadlines
- Adapts to shifts in priorities and urgencies
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.