As Product Manager of the Creation and Curation team, you’ll be managing a team of Associate Product Managers and building a suite of user-friendly and high-impact editorial tools. Your suite of tools should enable editorial teams to create and publish content for all of Group Nine brands across our distribution platforms. You’ll contribute and execute on the roadmap for our edit tools and manage both directly and indirectly a distributed, cross-functional team of engineers, designers and associate product managers. You’ll be accountable for tools and new initiatives in support of multiple editorial teams and lines of business, and manage prioritization within your team.
Group Nine’s Product Team is responsible for leading product strategy as well as driving execution across all of our brands.
- Launch products and new initiatives on time with minimal oversight - leading the cross-functional teams and stakeholders through all stages of the product lifecycle
- Mentor and demonstrate growth within the Associate Product Managers reporting to you
- Understand our Editorial users and figure out how to improve the tools they use and positively impact their workflow
- Directly and indirectly manage a distributed cross-functional team and support them through successful product launches
- Own the team backlog and ensure proper prioritization and management of expectations
- Collaborate with senior leadership to manage, define and prioritize goals for the production organization
- Contribute to a culture focused on producing excellent products and experiences for consumers
- Participate in and build relationships with digital media partners who can contribute to the success of our suite of editorial tools.
- Love working in an inclusive environment that is interested in nurturing your career and building a sustainable and successful team
- Experienced in Product Management within digital media or video/article publishing tools
- A record of shipping great products that have achieved scale and success
- Strong technical understanding of digital media platforms and the ability to work effectively with Engineering teams
- Data-driven and adept at understanding user behavior, and recognize when to use it to inform decision making. Bonus points if you are familiar with pulling metrics from Google Analytics, YouTube, Facebook or Looker
- Passionate about digital media and the impact it has on the world - you’re truly interested in the industry and pay attention to what’s happening across the digital media landscape
- Excellent communication on your products with stakeholders
- Comfortable with getting things done through a distributed team and great at communicating on different mediums - from Slack to video conference to in-person meetings - recognizing the importance of participation and collaboration
- Ability to parse what needs to be done and motivate teams to achieve those goals
- Curious, ambitious and looking for a place to grow your career and interests
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is a NY and SF-based digital media company consisting of four core brands: Thrillist, NowThis, The Dodo, and Seeker. Our content collectively reaches hundreds of millions of people and is viewed over 4.5 billion times every month. We’re currently working on the evolution of our content and its distribution, focusing on everything from data-driven optimization, to new platform adoption such as Amazon Alexa and VR.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.