Are you obsessed with how people work together in teams? Are you the one wrangling meetings back on track after going off topic? Are you constantly improving the way your team executes and communicates? Group Nine Media is looking to hire a Program Manager to join the Program Management Team. Our team works with the tech & product teams to create and iterate on our portfolio of products. In addition to iterating on our products, we also iterate on ourselves as a team – and that's where Program Management truly shines. As a Program Manager, you'll be expected to inspect the way our teams work and interact so that you can lead them on the path of continuous improvement. Program Managers act as coaches for improving teamwork, effectiveness, and coordination with other teams. A successful Program Manager at Group Nine Media has a strong commitment to team success, knows how to motivate teams to execute improvements, and transparently reports on the work of their teams.
- Group Nine Media is the family of four digital media brands: The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist, and Seeker - our mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference
- The Tech and Product team serves as the unifying platform for each of our brands' systems, tools, and presentation to the user (both internal and external users)
- The Program Management team works relentlessly to improve the effectiveness of each team in tech and product by serving as agile coaches, coordinating between teams, and filling necessary gaps to ensure that teams are setup for success.
- The Tech and Product teams move extremely fast at Group Nine and therefore Program Management is expected to be a thread of stability and structure that weaves pods together through coordination, alignment, and consistent reporting
- The Tech and Product teams at Group Nine are distributed (not co-located) and therefore Program Management is required to have the skills to be effective on video conferences and async communication
- You are obsessed with teams
- You are amazingly organized
- While you have mastered agile best practices, you are willing to experiment with the way your teams work to find the optimal adaptation that works best for them
- The notes you take at meetings can be read by anyone and they would feel as if they attended the meeting themselves
- You are an excellent facilitator – you aren't hesitant to interrupt a conversation to ensure that the team stays on topic or to ensure other team members have the opportunity to contribute; you can facilitate conversations with distributed teams
- You don't just coach your teams, but you also coach laterally (your peers / other departments) and you coach upwards (executive management)
About the Program Manager Role:
- Serves as a scrum master / agile coach to multiple cross-functional pods at Group Nine
- Facilitates meetings to maximize outcomes and ensure forward momentum with follow up actions
- Runs planning sessions and retrospectives
- Works relentlessly to improve their team's workflow, communication, and effectiveness by challenging the team to unleash their potential
- Strives to make their pods as transparent as possible by broadcasting the statuses and risks of each project
- Is willing to pitch in wherever needed in order to keep the team on track
- Mentors Associate Program Managers
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine is a digital first creative force ranking as the 7th largest digital publisher in the world, but size is not what drives us. We’re driven by telling stories that engage our audiences, that get them talking. So far, so good. We rank as the #1 most engaged digital publisher globally according to Tubular. Our brands know how to tell the stories that resonate with today’s audiences. Our approach is to customize our storytelling to each platform we distribute. That process begins with the right team focused on the right platform. The same holds true for long form programming.