This role reports to the VP of HR, based in NYC, but will operate independently to support the needs of Group Nine employees in Los Angeles. The Senior HRBP serves as the primary contact point for all employees in Los Angeles in all aspects of Human Resources.
Having an experienced people leader to spearhead our efforts in Los Angeles is critical. We need someone who can look around corners to make sure we are creating teams and processes that scale. We want someone who cares a lot about culture and the people that form it, and will ensure we are maintaining and improving the elements that makes our LA teams special as we grow. You will have the opportunity to design and create people systems, most importantly around feedback, reviews, development and engagement.
This role will work collaboratively with HR team members and business leaders alike and will serve as an advocate for all our employees
- Influence and shape the change agenda, including organization and structural changes and develop strategies to overcome them.
- Partner with the Recruiting team on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles and succession planning
- Drive key talent processes within client groups, including annual performance and incentive planning and review and the talent review process.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and management of compensation initiatives (e.g. incentive plan design, job analysis & salary grading, etc) to ensure that compensation practices are linked in the overall strategy to attract, reward, and retain top talent.
- Coach Managers to pro-actively manage associates (e.g. addressing performance issues) and provide counsel to resolve disciplinary issues.
- Advocate and facilitate resolutions regarding employee relations issues, with escalation to the VP of Human Resources, where necessary.
- Prepares data analyses and key metrics that support the use of data to make informed decisions around our people and organization.
- Partner with the VP of HR and brand leads to drive the development, implementation, and facilitation of organization development and talent management programs and initiatives to meet the specific business needs of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local human resource laws
- 10 years of prior Human Resources experience
- Labor relations experience is a plus
- PHR or SPHR/SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or equivalent certification desired
- Experience at a start-up or digital media company highly desired
- Experience supporting a Multi-site, Multi-state company
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, be flexible, and have a positive attitude
- Excellent conflict resolution abilities
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.