Seeker exists where technology, innovation and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries and ground-breaking Virtual Reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
Seeker Media is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our passionate team of storytellers and help bring our original video content to life. The role will work closely with brand manager, editorial leads, video producers & editors, our award winning Branded Content team and senior management. The Graphic Designer will develop and produce artwork & motion graphics designs for our daily editorial video as well as development, branded content and client-facing pitch materials.
The ideal candidate has experience designing for digital native video platforms with strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Effectively maintain the Seeker brand aesthetics through imagery, motion, print, and presentations
- Assist in refining the Seeker brand style guide to equip the production teams with design direction, ensuring consistent brand standards across all messaging and branded content
- Collaborate with Seeker’s Video team to design engaging motion graphic video assets & storyboards for our studio hosted, thumbnails, field documentaries, VR/360 experiences and new development
- Collaborate with the Branded Content team to design custom presentations, business development pitches, including campaign case studies, promotional materials and sales marketing collateral
- Work closely with the senior management team to execute assets for development pitches, and general Seeker presentations as needed
- Research current industry & design trends to keep Seeker’s brand fresh for our audience and publishing platforms
- Craft high-quality original concepts with minimal direction
- Organize and catalog visual assets for easy internal reference
- Prioritizing workload and managing expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Four-year degree in graphic/motion design, communications arts, or a related field
- Minimum 3+ years-experience working in creative agency, media company environments and/or marketing, advertising or entertainment related fields
- Experience with motion graphics, branding packages, infographics, PowerPoint templates
- Working with video editors in a post-production workflow; working with branded content producers designing client presentations and pitches
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and PowerPoint
- Please provide a link to examples of recent work on your resume
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.