Our content laboratory, The CoLab, is responsible for all facets of our native ad campaigns. We’re seeking a Creative Producer to join our team and help us ideate and create the most compelling custom content campaigns to be found anywhere on the Web. Our branded video content runs the gamut from 15 second Facebook posts, to 30 minute live television production, to globe-spanning VR epics. We execute video on every social platform and build to specific KPI. Above all, we tell amazing stories about and on behalf of brands as only a true publisher can.
The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative professional with both editorial and client-direct experience. In addition to standard Producer responsibilities, we’re looking for someone with a passion for storytelling on new platforms and social media; an ability to both dream big and execute on a budget; a skill for ideating incredible content that integrates brands without compromising editorial quality; and a burning desire to work in a fast-paced, high-impact environment that requires everyone involved be ready to turn on a dime.
- Lead all aspects of custom video content development, contributing to ideation, scripting, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, and finishing processes
- Participate in brainstorms to develop branded video ideas that live organically within and support the larger creative initiatives behind proposals
- Ideate and develop videos designed for consumption across all available platforms, including on-site, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram
- Oversee Producer and Associate Producer to ensure the creative vision that was sold through is executed on time, on budget and on brand
- Amend, revise and/or redevelop concepts based on internal and client feedback
- Ideate videos that seamlessly integrate clients from a range of consumer categories (Auto, Finance, CPG, Beer/Wine/Spirits…) into Thrillist’s video tone
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently within larger Sales organization
- Create videos that intelligently target particular KPI, as determined during pitch process
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in entertainment, video production and motion graphic design
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in video or related field
- 5+ years working in a creative/production role, with direct branded content experience
- Full-scale production experience, including creating scripts/treatments, providing input on shoots, and gathering/leading feedback on edits
- A robust understanding of the production and post-production processes
- Demonstrated excellence in multiple video formats on a variety of platforms
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram
- A knowledge of and passion for Thrillist’s editorial tone and mission
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong background in conceptual and visual thinking
*All candidates must submit a reel that demonstrates a range of creative video executions.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.