Group Nine Media is seeking a seasoned Production Manager to provide support and management for the Thrillist Editorial Video Production team for 3 to 4 months. The Production Manager plays a key role in making sure all shoots (on average 4 per week) are running smoothly and all teams are equipped with crew and equipment. He/She/They will oversee and prepare production plans, ensuring costs are in line with the budget, and deadlines are met. The ideal candidate has a large network of freelance crew across camera, audio, G&E and beauties/HMU, AND experience managing freelance producers and shooters to execute behind the camera on short and mid-form content for digital and social media platforms.
Please respond with a cover letter that includes pay rate, and prior experience that directly relates to the digital and/or linear video/television fields.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track budget for all productions, both internal and external
- Produce several projects at the same time, constantly
- Oversee as well as provide support to the production management team
- Work closely with all member of the video department to secure the proper internal/external crew & gear necessary for shoots
- Setup and maintain vendor relationships
- Gather, submit, track, and ensure payment of invoices for all freelancers and vendors
- Create & constantly grow a rolodex of freelancers at all positions and rate levels, keeping quality the utmost indicator
- In select situations, be present on-set to ensure quality production
- Provide constant communication with the HOV about departmental needs
- Liaise with various departments, including finance, with frequency
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent in education and experience
- Must have 4+ years related work experience in live-action/field production (in the production management line) making commercials, documentaries, photo shoots, music videos, television shows, reality, talk shows, etc.
- Must have strong project management, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience with budgeting software and Excel is a must
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with flexibility to accommodate different personalities and work styles
- Must be a self-starter and work well without constant supervision
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency, and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a strong and effective team player & leader
- Willing to work early mornings, late nights, and weekends when necessary
- Comfortable traveling to select shoots
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).