NowThis is looking for an Executive Assistant to provide executive administrative support to the President and Chief Content Officer of NowThis. This person will take on general administrative duties such as maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing expense reports, arranging travel, conducting research and fielding miscellaneous office-related requests. The Executive Assistant will also assist in the creation of presentations, maintenance of various program planning tracking spreadsheets, and execution of other ad hoc projects as needed. The successful candidate will have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a collaborative and friendly work style, be exceptionally well organized, and able to effectively multi-task & prioritize.
- Prepare and edit written correspondence including special reports, memos, and newsletters
- Research and compile information such as market trends, people, audiences, and relevant news relating to the digital media industry; evaluate results and provide written assessments as needed
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s operations, culture, policies, and procedures
- Schedule and manage extremely demanding Gmail calendar, while keeping the executives highly accessible
- Responsible for professionally answering phones, scheduling meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Organize events and meetings, video conferences, and conference calls
- Reconcile invoices, track budgets, and complete expense reports
- Additional duties and projects, as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of high level, complex executive administration work experience at senior level or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs of the executive and team, and exercise independent, sound judgment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and execute against multiple projects and deadlines, while prioritizing projects appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
- Exceptional assessment and organizational skills; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Exceptional work ethic and trustworthy
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (ability to create Keynote slides a plus)
- Background in media, writing and/or editorial, a plus
- Passion and interest in the digital media industry
- Great sense of humor!
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.