Manager, Social Strategy & Content Creation - PRH Audio
Posted: 12/6/2017 | Expires: 12/30/2017
Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Social Media
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 13409
Penguin Random House Audio is looking for a savvy digital strategist to join their publicity team in the fastest growing segment of publishing. The Manager, Social Strategy & Content Creation will develop and oversee social media strategy for Penguin Random House Audio’s social platforms targeting both consumer and library channels, including imprint-specific feeds for Penguin Random House Audio, Listening Library, and Books on Tape (BOT), increasing awareness for the audiobook format and Penguin Random House Audio’s award-winning list of nearly 1,000 titles for audiences of all ages.
* Develop and implement strategies to grow our platforms, optimize content and effectively engage listeners.
* Coordinate with producers to create behind the scenes content from our in-house recording studios in New York and LA as well as external facilities, including photos and video.
* Responsible for daily content posts for all applicable social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, coordinating with multiple colleagues to develop compelling content and maintain social calendars.
* Establish and nurture connections with influencers to increase awareness of the audiobook format.
* Take an active role promoting and developing content for special projects such as the Volumes app and This is the Author podcast.
* Integrate PR and social media strategies, maintaining consistency in voice and messaging across all channels.
* Liaise with other Penguin Random House imprint contacts to co-create and curate content.
* Quantify success metrics and use social listening tools to create weekly analytics reports and perform ad-hoc research.
* Manage social advertising budget and paid social campaigns.
* Monitor digital media trends, identifying new growth opportunities, audiences, and social media tools.
* 5-7 years relevant experience in digital/book publishing.
* Highly organized with an attention to detail, with the ability to balance the needs of multiple accounts on an ongoing basis.
* Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Experience managing and delegating projects with multiple stakeholders and contributors.
* Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and social listening tools such as Brandwatch, and demonstrated ability to interpret data into actionable insights.
* Strong understanding of digital landscape and how to engage readers.
* Video production skills required; photography/photo editing skills a plus.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.