Web Producer - Fine Gardening
Fine Gardening, the premier source of inspiration and instruction for avid gardeners, is seeking an experienced content producer to create and manage content while defining new product and product enhancements for Fine Gardening digital platforms.
The successful candidate is a multitasking, dynamic self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment and can work closely with editorial, marketing, sales, and technology staffs to enhance Fine Gardening’s digital presence. You will maintain consistency in our website and social media style, while developing strategies to keep content and our products fresh and dynamic. You must be skilled in connecting content with an audience, optimizing pages for SEO, producing videos, and you must have strong writing, editing, and project management skills.
This position requires a basic understanding of HTML and how websites work, along with proficiency in assessing site metrics, making competitive analyses, and identifying web trends. The web producer continually evaluates analytics, research data, and user feedback to enrich the experience for our audience. A key function of this position is studying customer needs and our business objectives to define product enhancements and new products, set development priorities, and ensure revenue and consumer goals are achieved.
The ability to connect with our audience requires an understanding of the hopes and dreams of avid gardeners, and while you don’t need to be a successful gardener, you must at least be able to learn what grabs the attention of these particular enthusiasts. The position is in our offices in Newtown, CT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the day-to-day operation of FineGardening.com, updating it regularly with new content, managing archived content, and responding to technical issues in collaboration with the technology team
- Work closely with the editorial team to develop compelling multiplatform content
- Manage all blog content and contributors
- Collaborate with the sales team and the editor to develop and execute special advertising projects
- Determine, monitor and analyze key performance metrics to identify high-impact opportunities
- Lead cross-functional teams to collaborate on consumer-focused solutions
- Collaborate with marketing and research teams to identify best practice strategies and growth opportunities
- Collaborate with content, marketing and technology teams to interpret requirements and deliver consumer experiences to meet business objectives
- Ensure delivery of superior digital products, across web, social and mobile platforms
- Communicate and evangelize the product strategy and vision
- Work with the editor to refine digital and print editorial workflows
- Convert print editions for digital use, and upload new articles via our content management system
- Collaborate with the editor and the marketing team on social media content strategy and execution
- Skill at producing content in multiple platforms, from basic still photos and videos to online articles, and blogs
- Fluent in using analytics, data, and research to develop and execute on strategy
- Creativity and the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal oversight
- Effective with fostering cross-functional team collaboration, ability to influence others independent of reporting relationships
- Experience with digital product development for media brands, including audience development, consumer paid models, and advertising programs
- Proficiency with social-media platforms
- Understanding of HTML and XML
- Familiarity with WordPress, CheetahMail, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Sharepoint
- Ability to work with developers and to communicate with them effectively
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Audio skills for recording of podcasts, including basic editing in Audacity
- Ability to understand basic gardening concepts and techniques