- Full Time
Company / Boat International Media / Dockwalk
About our Company: Dockwalk is the world’s first and leading publication for superyacht captains and crew. The voice of the industry, the magazine delivers essential news and informative features that tackle the issues affecting crew. It is distributed globally at superyacht facilities.
Industry: Magazine Publishing
Job Title: Managing Editor
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Dockwalk Managing Editor is a full-time position based in Fort Lauderdale, with responsibility for day-to-day editorial duties and assisting with editorial duties on Dockwalk.com as needed. This role requires strong editing, writing, and digital skills.
The Managing Editor should be able to multitask and prioritize activities in a high-speed environment, self-motivate and keep organized, and should possess great interpersonal skills and creativity.
Prior web editorial and social media experience is beneficial. In addition to a background in journalism and/or editing, knowledge of the superyacht or crew industry or personal boating experience is preferred. Managing Editor reports to the Editor.
* Organize and write both news sections monthly
* Coordinate all monthly columns
* Write columns as necessary
* Edit all magazine content and copyedit layouts
* Feature writing, as necessary
* Help coordinate freelance writers and photographers
* Manage editorial workflow between UK and U.S. office
* Assist in sourcing photography for features, covers, and events
* Assist with Dockwalk.com, including writing, editing, and monitoring content
* Assist the editor with other duties assigned
* Attend and represent Dockwalk at industry events and boat shows, as required
* Excellent writing skills
* Stellar line and content editing skills
* Keen eye for story and news selection
* Strong ability to think creatively and implement projects from the idea phase
* Ability to multitask and work collaboratively in a dynamic environment
* Friendliness, diplomacy, and imperturbability
* Preference for working in a fast-paced environment
* Superb time-management and organizational skills
* Ability to edit in InDesign
* Social media skills
* Ability to travel
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Previous editorial experience
* Salary commensurate with experience
* 25 days of paid vacation time per year plus eight (8) public holidays and one (1) floating holiday
* Basic medical insurance coverage, which currently includes both vision and dental insurance.
* No relocation expenses are offered