Sales Marketing Design Manager - Advertising & Brand Solutions
- Full Time
We are looking for a Sales Marketing Design Manager to help our Advertising & Brand Solutions Team from our Santa Monica office. We are looking for an exceptional design professional with extraordinary presentation, visual storytelling, and marketing collateral skills to join our team.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Sales Marketing Design Manager grows with us.
You’ll Report To: SVP, Advertising & Brand Solutions
A typical day as a Sales Marketing Design Manager might include:
- Collaboration: with various stakeholders on devising the best approach to RFPs, coordinating responsibilities and executing proposal responses within tight deadlines.
- Creativity: Working with sellers, editorial and product teams on ideating creative, custom approaches that help advertisers reach their goals while also incorporating, launching and selling key tentpoles throughout the year
- Prospecting: Keeping a constant pulse on the branded content world, relaying any key trends to sellers and resurfacing/repurposing ideas during the proposal process, as needed. Staying on top of sellers to make sure that they use the proactive materials in their outreach.
- Execution: Create powerful and compelling client-facing sales materials that tell a story and provide a clear understanding of our value proposition.
- Development: Develop new marketing materials such as Media Kits, Case Studies, One-Sheets, Site Communication, and other collateral as needed.
- Maintaining: Manage and update existing materials as needed including monthly stats, new business highlights, and design updates.
- Customization: Understanding the look, feel and language of various client partners and incorporating that into responses and proactive materials.
- Storytelling: Partner and collaborate with site teams to better understand the brand story in order to define messaging and clearly convey that in all sales materials.
- Adaptability: Work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously, and adapt quickly to quick changes, requests, and deadlines.
You’ll be successful if you can help our national sales team to close deals, providing ideas and program packages as well as designing powerful presentation and collateral while adhering to tight deadlines. You should be an expert in working with PowerPoint, have strong writing skills, and a keen eye for detail.
What You Have:
- A passion for ideas and the ability to drive creativity into well-executed programs.
- A natural people-person who is a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong presentation and visual storytelling skills (must have mastery of PowerPoint). We require samples.
- Experience working with high profile brands and/or on a high-traffic website.
- Experience developing online marketing or sales programs.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills with attention to aesthetic.
- Portfolio with design and work samples.
- Strong speaking skills and the ability to showcase marketing programs via presentations.
- Experienced in all current design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch.
- General understanding of the Digital Advertising and Media business.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Cool office environment and culture (if we do say so ourselves at our ice cream socials, Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Deny Designs, Saatchi Art, and Society6
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.