Senior Mechanical Artist
What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touch point.
OVERVIEWThe Senior Mechanical Artist reportingdirectly to the Senior Manager of Studio and Print Production will be the intake lead in the studio for all print jobs. In addition to creating mechanicals and collect files for projects and client requests the Senior Mechanical Artist will assign projects to other mechanical artists. The Senior Mechanical Artist will maintain a mechanical library and approved workflow for all projects including mechanical layouts and packaging development for retail stores. This senior role will also manage the needs of the mechanical studio and will determine how best to utilize other team members or to utilize freelance talent. The Senior Mechanical Artist will also review supplied design files and proactively solve production issues. The Senior Mechanical Artist will also work closely with the creative, marketing, design and retail teams to ensure quality, color and image consistency throughout Verizon’s entire brand and guidelines.
What we’re looking for...
- Works with Designers, Production Artists, Pre-media manager and Print Producers in the in-house agency to implement and refine content across a range of mechanical deliverables and sizes.
- Responsible for building and prepping mechanical files for release to pre press manager.
- Proactively identifies potential print challenges and escalates accordingly for resolution/direction.
- Adheres to ever-changing deadlines while consistently delivering accurate revisions.
- Follows print specifications and digital requirements for constructing files and building mock-ups.
- Communicates with all stakeholders, sharing and documenting any issues or knowledge to ensure consistency of execution.
- Creates and updates mechanical templates with new specifications.
- Creates design adaptations at different aspect ratios and scales.
- Applies creative content using brand standards to multiple deliverables.
- Manages a high volume workload, including foreign language versions of creative deliverables.
- Ensures all files are accurate and are the final versions before archiving.
- Provides technical guidance based on project needs/complexity to meet production specifications and standards.
- Acts as a mentor and technical advisor to junior staff.
- Maintains and updates images, photos and work products in appropriate asset management system.
- Adheres to brand standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Acts as back up support for calibrating production/pre-press related computer equipment daily, including but not limited to scanning equipment, output devices, servers, software and related hardware.
- Ten plus years of experience of professional-level graphic design, studio production and pre-press within an agency, design studio or equivalent.
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Cloud software, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat. Adobe certification a plus.
- Clear understanding of scale and proportion relating to multiple size iterations of creative deliverables.
- Possesses expertise of design techniques, skills, tools and procedures for the applicable media.
- Understanding of dot gain, color separations, trapping, Pantone to CMYK conversions, imposition work, retouching and die-cutting practices.
- Knowledgeable on how to troubleshoot problem art files.
- Should feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment while managing urgent deadlines, shifting priorities, organizing and reporting a variety of production details.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple quick-turn projects.
- Proven experience working and leading within a team environment.
- Provides open and honest feedback to supporting team members to drive development and executional excellence.
- Seeks appropriate support from other team members to help develop assets for specific projects.
- Possesses a keen eye to detail and is prideful and diligent in the final preparation of work including production, presentation details and ultimately the final QC.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.