Director, Content Development - The Content Studio
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Content Studio Overview:
With unprecedented access to NBCUniversal’s world-class storytelling, scale, data and distribution, The NBCU Content Studio partners with brands to create and distribute compelling custom content built for all platforms with massive scale.
With access to NBCUniversal’s expansive community of storytellers in front of and behind the camera—from producers, writers, and directors, to showrunners and on-screen talent— with expertise in all content genres across Comedy, Docu, Style, Food, Travel, News, Finance, Tech and Sports, The NBCU Content Studio brings together unparalleled content creation capabilities with distribution both on and off the NBCU portfolio across every platform.
The Content Studio will:
• Create new, compelling short and long-form content/programming for global brands and agencies across all formats of media, with large-scale distribution across linear, digital and social channels
• Leverage access to all types of talent across the portfolio - on-camera talent, producers, directors, show runners, etc
• Develop creative formats tailored for distribution platforms to drive highest engagement
• Implement data and technical platforms for content delivery to targeted audiences
The Director will support the VP, Content Development to develop, identify and align custom content projects for brands through collaboration with NBCU’s wide array of Creative/Content and Production resources both internally across the organization and externally via 3rd parties.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Drive creative insights and strategy that lead to impactful content ideas
• Be well-versed in all formats of media and distribution
• Ability to write and pitch ideas to clients – and win!
• Possess deep understanding of NBCU’s creative capabilities and resources to cultivate ideas and manage project assignments/team selection
• Oversee projects from pitch to production, and ensure program is consistent with best practices across all screens and executed flawlessly
The Director, Content Development position requires outstanding creative and strategic content development skills and proven experience. Applicant must have demonstrated track record for development and execution of successful multi-platform branded content and programming as well as a thorough understanding of the creative production process.
• 8+ years of experience at an agency, cable network or media/publishing company with significant focus on digital and linear content ideation, presentation, and programming development of branded-content.
• A Bachelor's degree is required
• Deep understanding of digital and social content distribution platforms
• Well versed in all areas of pre and post production: Budgets, talent, development, execution & oversight of edit.
• Strong organizational, project management, analytical and research related skills
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills with the ability to come up with ideas quickly to meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and the creative development process
• Must be a strong public and presentational speaker.
• Proven ability to create digital/multi-platform solutions and impactful brand narratives, and driving development of high quality stories on behalf of brands
• Experience working with Fortune 500 brands
• Solutions-oriented thinker who can operate within a large organization and has a proven ability to get things done while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• The role requires an individual who is passionate about pop culture, content, production, technology, innovation, television and social media, with a consistent thirst of knowing what’s new and next within the entertainment landscape.
• Ability to successfully work with executives at all levels in both the business and creative communities, inside and outside the company.
• Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to work with interdepartmental teams and external clients ; Prior experience working within an editorial organization is a plus
• Ability to provide a portfolio and/or work samples upon request
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBC Universal's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. (Internal Only)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.