Marketing Activation Manager - The Content Studio
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The NBCU Content Studio Overview:
With unprecedented access to NBCUniversal’s world-class storytelling, scale, data and distribution, The NBCU Content Studio partners with brands to create and distribute compelling custom content built for all platforms with massive scale.
With access to NBCUniversal’s expansive community of storytellers in front of and behind the camera—from producers, writers, and directors, to showrunners and on-screen talent— with expertise in all content genres across Comedy, Docu, Style, Food, Travel, News, Finance, Tech and Sports, The NBCU Content Studio brings together unparalleled content creation capabilities with distribution both on and off the NBCU portfolio across every platform.
The Content Studio will:
• Create new, compelling short and long-form content/programming for global brands and agencies across all formats of media, with large-scale distribution across linear, digital and social channels
• Leverage access to all types of talent across the portfolio - on-camera talent, producers, directors, show runners, etc
• Develop creative formats tailored for distribution platforms to drive highest engagement
• Implement data and technical platforms for content delivery to targeted audiences
• Serve as branded content thought leadership both internally and externally
Marketing Activation Manager Role Summary:
Working primarily on post sales to seamlessly execute revenue generating solutions for brand partners. Reporting to the Director, the Manager will act as the primary point of contact between internal and external key stakeholders, positioned as the nucleus of The Content Studio team during program execution.
• Project manage The Content Studio campaigns to drive seamless execution of the program and timely launch of all assets, ensuring there’s clear communication and transparency between The NBCU Content Studio, the client, agency, and internal stakeholders. Additional post-sale campaign responsibilities include:
o Manage and oversee the development of campaign deliverables, specifically responsible for creating and assisting with production timelines, video scripts, status call agendas, recap documents and more.
o Liaise across departments such as Content Development, Partner Development, Business Affairs, Research, Finance, and Distribution to ensure all teams are kept in the loop on the program status, are tracking against the timeline and are held accountable for their deliverables.
o Host calls with agency and clients, tracking feedback and funneling communication to key internal stakeholders for implementation.
o Serve as the main point of contact for the agency and client, specifically owning the delivery of all program assets, troubleshooting issues and fielding questions throughout post-sale.
• Manage client-specific RFPs, serving as the connective tissue between Content Development and Partner Development to formulate an integrated marketing strategy that is customized to fit client objectives and illustrated through a cohesive, compelling presentation.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Proven talent for creating and executing digitally driven multi-platform solutions
• 5+ years of relevant experience at an agency, media/publishing company or integrated marketing sales organization, where the individual participated in cross-platform content ideation, project management and presentation development for clients
• Basic knowledge of the sales and creative development process, as well as content marketing and emerging digital and social platforms
• Knowledge of basic Research metrics with experience in translating and shaping data into compelling stories aligning with a brand’s target market
• Strong organizational, project management, writing, storytelling and presentation skills
• Proficiency in PowerPoint
• Passionate about the media industry, branded content and creating best-in-class client solutions
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully operate within a large organization, effectively communicating with executives, interdepartmental teams and external clients
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBC Universal's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. (Internal Only)
• Willingness to travel
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.