Sales Associate Program - Digital
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The NBC Owned Television Stations Digital Sales Associates Program (SAP) is an accelerated development experience for early-career sales professionals. This highly competitive program identifies outstanding aspiring digital media sales professionals who bring diverse backgrounds to the organization. This fast-track rotational and training program offers associates experiences in all aspects of the digital sales cycle (including digital research and digital operations), as well as sales verticals (traditional broadcast media, business development & out-of-home). This is an excellent opportunity for a jump-start into the fast-paced field of digital media sales.
At the onset of the program, associates will attend a ‘boot camp’ experience at the NBC Owned Television Stations headquarters in New York City. This will: orient associates to NBC Universal/NBC Owned Television Stations division; expose associates to members of the NBC Owned Television Stations senior leadership and digital sales leadership teams; train associates in NBC Owned Television Stations’ products, processes, such as NFL, NHL, FIFA World Cup Barclay’s Premier League, The Golden Globes©, Digital and Non-Linear initiatives and related sales competencies.
After ‘boot camp,’ the digital sales associate will reside with the digital sales team at an NBCU Owned and operated station for the duration of the program. The Digital Sales Associates Program runs for a flexible period of 8 -12 months and associates will have rotations in core selling, business development, and digital selling. This program also offers leadership development and exposure, networking, and developing key sales competencies. Former Sales Associates have moved on to Executive Sales roles within NBCUniversal.
• BA or BS in a related field
• Experience using Excel and PowerPoint
• Minimum of 1-5 years of work experience, sales related preferred
• Strong communication/presentation skills - verbal and written
• Available to join the program January 2018
• Ability to relocate across the U.S. in a geographic location, as assigned
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends
• Must be 18 years or older and have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions - NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Interested candidates must submit a resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Previous experience working in a digital sales organization as a Sales Planner, Sales Assistant, Marketing Planner, Customer Service Representative, Account Executive (seller) or similar role
• Interested in long-term career within digital media sales
• Passionate about NBC Universal/NBC Owned Television Stations products and platforms
• Knowledgeable about digital industry trends and external environment
• Self-starter who is driven to succeed and thrive in both corporate and start-up environments
• Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate across projects and functions, as necessary
• Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.