- Full Time
Pet Business magazine, a leading print and online b2b publication for the retail pet industry, is looking for a dynamic Managing Editor to join our Midtown Manhattan-based team.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, detail-oriented professional who can manage the entire editorial process for print and digital publishing from raw manuscript to final publication, ensuring that the content is of the highest quality and delivered on schedule.
• Managing freelance writing staff and industry contributors
• Editing all content for print and online publication
• Trafficking editorial page flow for our print publication
• Creating and managing editorial content for our digital publishing platforms
• Ensuring all editorial content consistently meets high quality standards
• Researching and writing high-profile features for print publication
• Attending/covering industry events
• 3-5 years of print and online editorial experience
• Proven ability to manage the editorial process for print and online publishing
• Strong organizational and editorial skills (copyediting and proofreading)
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in English or Journalism
To apply, please send resume, salary requirements and 2 to 3 writing and editing samples. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.