The New York Post Digital Network seeks a Project Manager to lead digital projects across a range of products and initiatives. Candidates should have a big picture, product-oriented perspective and be able to drive the usability, feature set and functionality of their projects. Candidates should have 4-5 years’ experience managing large projects at an agency, media or tech company.
The Project Manager should have the initiative to take ownership and move projects forward independently with minimal supervision but know when to check in with stakeholders. She or he should be experienced working with designers, developers and stakeholders to ensure the quality of UX, visual design and functionality; that all business requirements are met; that resources have all information and assets necessary to efficiently complete their tasks; and that work is completed on deadline.
Clarity of communication, strong organization, confidence in decision-making, a keen eye for detail, a user-centric perspective and the ability to nimbly adjust priorities will be key to this role’s success.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and join an iconic media brand as it continues to grow at record pace.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects across channels and resources, with minimal supervision
- Take initiative and possess ownership of assigned projects and tasks
- Lead a project efficiently through each phase of its lifecycle
- Bring a product-minded focus to their projects
- Roadmap a product’s requirement set through an MVP release and post-launch iterations
- Exhibit strong communication skills
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Be proactive, energetic and a creative thinker
- Add value to the UI, design and functionality of existing and new products
- Get up to speed quickly and independently on new platforms and tools
- Demonstrate a nimble understanding of when to reprioritize and when to escalate
- Display confidence in trouble-shooting, problem-solving and making impactful decisions
- Manage the timeliness, quality and completeness of deliverables
- Lead thorough cross-browser and cross-device QA, including accurate and detailed reporting and verification
- 4-5 years’ experience leading large projects in an agency environment, tech or media company
- UX and general best practices for digital products
- An understanding of the latest digital trends and products, especially in a media context
- An understanding of how analytics, data and user feedback inform digital decision-making, and the ability to adapt accordingly
The New York Post is an EOE.