Regional Account Manager, Telemundo Tucson
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This positions primary responsibility is to develop new business, grow and manage the existing local accounts for KHRR Tucson by:
• Prospecting, qualifying, cold calling, and switch pitching 0 share clients from general market TV, Spanish language TV, radio, print and online platforms.
• Developing non-traditional revenue (NTR) by creating/selling the station initiatives and grass root events by developing "Unique Value Propositions".
• Understanding market conditions that impact their clients' business to enable them to shift strategy and tailor media plans that meet customer needs.
• Selling conceptually beyond the rating point and traditional: 30 second spot.
• Being customer centric and having the ability to cultivate strong business partnerships.
• Minimum 3 year experience in media sales experience.
• Must be willing to work at the Tucson station.
• Must be willing to submit to a Background Check.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have access to a vehicle and clean driving history. Must provide proof of a current valid U.S. driver's license, vehicle insurance, and registration as requested.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field from an accredited university.
• Ability to communicate clearly and make presentations either in Spanish/English.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to project/forecast individual business trends.
• Ability to simplify strategy into specific actions, while also having the strength to make key decisions that will help station and client grow and communicate priorities.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 20 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson, Washington, DC, Conneticut and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 53 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.