Midwest Regional Marketing Manager
- Full Time
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Regional Marketing Manager, you will supervise, mentor and develop a 6-8 person cross-functional regional Sales marketing team that drives revenue in our Local and National media business. You will work closely with the local Chicago, Dallas, and Minneapolis teams to ideate client solutions based on an understanding of data and client needs, and to create marketing and sales materials to support effective Sales efforts. You will also work with the central team in NYC to ensure consistency of messaging, brand identity, and approach across all our offices, and identify, share, and adopt best practices within the local regions. This position will also play a leadership role in driving high morale and a scrappy, positive, and results-driven office culture in Chicago, and across the county.
What you will accomplish:
- Manage marketing teams within designated offices in the Midwest region (Chicago, Minneapolis, and Dallas), including strategists, designers, and photographers
- Develop and implementing a regional marketing plan and budget
- Understanding Sales goals in the region(s) and working with sales leaders to deliver insights and assets that help achieve sales goals
- Serve as point person for RFPs generated through the Chicago office, offering strategic and creative insights as well as day to day project management
- Lead creation of sales and marketing materials, special offers, and collateral on a national and local basis
- Own and continually update and improve local office positioning, including collection and incorporation of data to tell our specific market stories. (And be a voice for our local offices in general)
- Proactively recommend and execute new approaches to drive client revenue
- Set up scalable and repeatable processes to optimize workload
- Have a strong understanding of our products, customer needs, and pain points
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive advantages against other media and competitors
- Seek out and develop metrics and KPIs to measure marketing effectiveness
- Develop best practices and work with the other team leaders to ensure that practices are shared, standardized, and rolled out across the country
- Work with sales and measurement teams to develop case studies to showcase our ability to drive results for clients.
What we are looking for:
- Experience leading a Sales Marketing team
- Highly creative, with excellent presentation and creative writing skills
- Ability to think strategically, as well as tactically, and to support points of view and messaging with dataEvent development and execution experience helpful
- Record of getting things done-- someone who will roll up their sleeves and plow through obstacles to meet deliverables and follow through on promises
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, or related business or scientific field.
- 7 years of progressive sales marketing experience or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years of previous management or supervisory experience.
- Expert knowledge of out of home industry a plus.
- Proficient in market/customer segmentation, as well as product, environment, and value creation.
- Proven ability to motivate and influence in a positive manner.
- Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high-pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
- Excellent leadership qualities, including motivating others, team building, and credibility.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.