Account Director, Content Studio
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As an Account Director, you will be responsible for revenue goals, with an emphasis in developing new business for The NBCU Content Studio. Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Manager to Agency Buyers and Planners.Develop and lead day-to-day sales strategy; develop target lists, lead client and agency outreach and relationships.Partner with NBCU Sales organization to establish and communicate Studio capabilities, as well as collaborate and coordinate on sales approach. Provide deep level of client/brand intelligence to inform creative strategy for ideation and distribution approach for Studio prospective clients.Serve as overall relationship management for Studio deals from close of business to execution to renewals.
The NBCU Content Studio:
With unprecedented access to NBCUniversal’s world-class storytelling, scale, data and distribution, The NBCU Content Studio partners with brands to create and distribute compelling custom content built for all platforms with massive scale.
With access to NBCUniversal’s expansive community of storytellers in front of and behind the camera—from producers, writers, and directors, to showrunners and on-screen talent— with expertise in all content genres across Comedy, Docu, Style, Food, Travel, News, Finance, Tech and Sports, The NBCU Content Studio brings together unparalleled content creation capabilities with distribution both on and off the NBCU portfolio across every platform.
Account Director Role Summary/Purpose
Generate content-led revenue opportunities with brands partners for The NBCU Content Studio, and work closely with internal stakeholders to develop and direct strategies for development of Content Studio business and marketplace deployment. This role requires a leader who understands the creative and content process, knows how to monetize creative/content, and can drive direct revenue through relationships with key clients and agencies who invest directly in branded content and programming.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Minimum 7+ years of experience in new business or client development aligned with branded content, including established relationships with content/creative agencies and clients
• Proven track record of creating and closing exciting new growth in ad sales across multiple media platforms, and driving deals to closure in a complex matrixed environment
• Deep knowledge of the digital media / social media ecosystem, including advertising models with a strong technological and solid comprehension of the ad tech marketplace
• Solutions-oriented thinker who can operate within a large organization and has a proven ability to get things done while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Passionate about the media space with deep understanding of digital and social content platforms
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and the creative development process
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBC Universal's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. (Internal Only)
• Willingness to travel
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.