It’s Tuesday morning, and your phone is ringing off the hook. You answer, and it’s one of your loyal clients who is unable to log into their terminal. This client is dependent upon the Bloomberg Terminal in order for business to operate as usual. After taking a quick look, you realize that terminal access has been suspended due to non-payment for the most recent invoice. Your client is adamant that they submitted the invoice for payment two weeks ago.
As an Accounting Operations Representative, you understand the urgency of the situation: every moment that the client is unable to log in, their business suffers. You search high and low through the accounting systems to find the missing payment, but you explain it’s nowhere to be found. It is determined that payment was not properly processed by the client’s Accounts Payable department. Working with the client in order to find a solution, you ensure that service will be reinstated if payment is reprocessed by their AP team today. The client confirms, and you are now able to save the day by reinstating their Bloomberg Terminal!
Our Accounting Operations Representatives must be able to think quickly on their feet while providing platinum customer service to Bloomberg’s loyal clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain positive relationships with our customers by providing excellent service.
- Be accountable for a sizable collections portfolio and meet specific, targeted goals related to the aging of open receivables.
- Be responsible for processing customer refunds, write-offs, escheatable items, and preparing delinquent customers for third party collections.
- Collaborate with our internal Sales, Contracts, Installations and Billing Teams in order to resolve outstanding issues.
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot and solve complex problems while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members.
We'd love to see:
- 1-3 year's recent and relevant experience in accounting operations, corporate collections, and/or Accounts Receivable
- Proven ability at successfully managing a large-scale account portfolio
- Previous experience in a customer service or client-facing role
- Knowledge of SAP
- Project management experience
- Interest in Finance and/or Accounting
Successful candidates must be able to begin working full-time in mid-January, 2018.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.