Bloomberg News is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic and experienced Product Manager to join the News Development team in New York. We are looking for someone who likes to get things done. Someone who goes the extra mile and thrives on pushing boundaries to achieve the next great thing.
Our team is on the front line, we work hard and we work fast in removing roadblocks that stand in the way of our over 2800 reporters and editors around the world. We work with experienced engineering teams to develop new technologies for improving news workflow and automating news production. We do all this while maintaining up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
What's in it for you:
You like nothing more than seeing your efforts contribute directly to the success of Bloomberg News. As a subject matter expert, you will be a point of contact to help triage issues and develop solutions to improve speed and efficiency of our coverage. Your ideas will also help shape the strategic vision of the group. This is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your product management experience, leadership abilities, excellent written & oral communications skills and a solid technical background. We are looking for people that excel at multitasking and are able to context switch without skipping a beat and self-starters that bring ideas to the table and jump at the opportunity to initiate changes.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and drive strategic vision for Bloomberg News Systems
- Effectively manage the product specification, prioritization and backlog
- Collaborate with Editorial, Product and Engineering resources to improve capabilities
- Continuously address business needs through an agile process
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan and development status with key stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and able to shift priorities quickly when needed
- Follow technology trends and developments to keep current
We'll need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher, Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred
- Proven experience in technology product management
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior customer service and relationship management skills
- Passion for troubleshooting, critical thinking and getting it done
- Comprehensive knowledge of Agile principles and Scrum framework
We'd love you to have:
- Experience with news automation, web technologies, and computer systems
- Software development experience
- Management experience
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.