The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We are seeking an experienced Social Media Editor to manage content distribution and strategy across social media platforms. You will work with reporters and editors to frame and optimize text and video content for social platforms, and package content for distribution on Bloomberg social accounts. We're looking for a strong headline writer with an eye for great visuals and the ability to listen to social audiences while identifying, analyzing and communicating audience trends with the wider team.
We'll trust you to:
- Distribute Bloomberg content on social platforms with an eye toward expanding reaching, increasing engagement and driving up referral traffic
- Develop and refine the voice of Bloomberg social accounts
- Own story packaging for specific content buckets across platforms
- Focus on video distribution within a content area, including VOD and live.
- Work with video team and reporters to optimize video content for a social audience
- Monitor, analyze and distribute social metrics to wider teams as needed
- Utilize sound news judgement to work closely with the homepage and mobile curation teams
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Strong editorial judgment
- Proficiency in social analytics and publishing tools
- A demonstrated track record of driving audience growth and social referral traffic
- An ability to cover fast-moving breaking news on social platforms and work with social video
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.