Public Relations Specialist
- Full Time
About the role
StreetEasy is looking for a proactive and motivated PR Specialist to join our growing team in NYC.
This is a unique opportunity for a budding PR pro to gain valuable, firsthand experience at a fast-paced company that values PR as a critical driver for building our brand locally and nationally. As part of a small team, you’ll have exposure to a variety of PR programs and the opportunity to own projects that will make an impact on the team and brand quickly.
This includes the chance to:
- Play an integral role on the PR team, working cross-functionally to bring brand initiatives and stories to life
- Develop relationships with NYC and Hamptons reporters who cover real estate, tech and lifestyle
- Create and pitch compelling stories that will resonate with NYC and Hamptons media across a variety of categories
- Evaluate and coordinate inbound press requests and spokesperson interviews
- Manage speaking and award opportunities for our NYC brands and spokespeople
- Track and measure PR results against business and department benchmarks
- Maintain all PR team resources (media lists, press page, fact sheets, etc.)
- Constantly follow the news and keep the team informed of latest industry trends, competitors and news-jacking opportunities
About the team
We are a small-and-mighty team that works across key departments to come up with creative ways to build awareness for StreetEasy and our other Zillow Group NYC and Hamptons brands (Naked Apartments and HREO). We spend a lot of our time strengthening and expanding relationships with reporters, building visibility for our spokespeople and working closely with the Research, Content and Social Media teams to mine for and share compelling stories about the NYC and Hamptons real estate market that will resonate with consumers and media alike.
Who you are
- 2-4 years of experience with a PR agency or PR team of a notable consumer brand or tech company
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- Proven track record representing brands externally and securing impactful media coverage
- Excellent organizational, written, oral communication, and project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and execute top-notch work against tight deadlines
- Interest in data analysis and coming to the table with data-driven ideas and story angles
- Familiarity with PR and media tools, such as Cision, PR Newswire, Meltwater, etc.
- Passion for NYC and Hamptons real estate and/or event management experience a plus
Get to know us
StreetEasy is New York City’s leading local real estate marketplace providing accurate and comprehensive for-sale and for-rent listings from hundreds of real estate brokerages throughout New York City and the major NYC metropolitan area. StreetEasy is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.