ABOUT LIGER LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Founded in 2012, Liger Leadership Academy (LLA) educates promising youth of today to develop socially conscious, entrepreneurial leaders of tomorrow. We provide a residential program free of charge to economically disadvantaged students that combines a comprehensive, internationally competitive education with an innovative STEM and entrepreneurship curriculum. Liger believes a meaningful investment in the right few will change the lives of many.
The Communications Manager will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and will report to the Director of External Relations. This position will lead communications efforts from the ground at Liger Leadership Academy. The Communications Manager is responsible for introducing Liger Leadership Academy’s mission and work to new audiences, including press and donors. This position will work closely with the Country Director and Liger staff in Cambodia.
- Day-to-day content creator for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). Collect content (visual and written) and draft copy.
- Post daily on all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). Interact with followers and engage new followers on all platforms.
- Create followers goals on each platform and ensure that we hit these goals (both numbers and audience).
- Provide creative direction to on-site team members.
- Stay abreast of developments in the social and digital media space and brainstorm ways to apply new technologies to Liger social media.
- Create measurement reports and demonstrate program value.
- Identify opportunities to grow channels through analytical thinking and goal setting.
- Work as an on-site photographer and videographer to capture and create visual content for social media and marketing materials.
- Work with Liger’s PR firm in New York on key strategy points and to gather and prepare content for press stories.
- Coordinate press visits to Liger.
- Work with Director of Development to collect information and data for grants and donors as needed.
- A passion for the mission of LLA and non-profit work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A background in communications work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Strong photography skills (professional SLR camera) and post-production skills (Photoshop or similar software)
- Ability to live and work in a developing country in sometimes difficult and unpredictable circumstances
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and cloud tools
- Fluent in English, ideally native speaker
- Interest in education, philanthropy, and/or international relations
- Strongly Preferred: Filmmaking skills – video and post-production editing
- Commitment to work in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for a minimum of one year
Commensurate with experience. Room and board is provided.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should describe your interest in this specific position and how your background and career goals would be a match for this role.