Manager, Marketing (Skycastle)
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCU Skycastle is seeking a talented cross-platform marketing professional who will join our dynamic NBC Skycastle sales marketing team creating innovative campaigns to drive incremental revenue for our properties and drive results for our clients.
The Marketing Manager, will be both client and intercompany facing and is responsible for the hands on development of multi-market integrated sales marketing solutions for the NBC Owned Television Stations and the NBC Sports Regional Networks utilizing all their platforms (TV, OOH, Digital, Mobile, Social, etc,) and properties (Prime, Sports, Olympics, Syndicated/Local Programming, etc). The ideal candidate will demonstrate competence in a variety of skills as outlined below, and will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Develop, and support the Skycastle Marketing Team, in the creation of innovative Sales Marketing campaigns for advertisers to generate incremental revenue for the NBC Owned Television Stations and the NBC Sports Regional Networks utilizing the platforms, properties and collective resources of the NBC Owned Television Stations
• Execute a wide variety of details including the ascertainment of client needs, applying the appropriate NBC solution (traditional broadcast spot schedule / production, digital placement / native advertising, custom program integration, etc.), the creation and execution of strategic marketing plans, the tracking of campaigns, and the supervision of performance analysis reports, making recommendations to programs for corrective modifications as needed
• Collaborate interdepartmentally to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage the digital and social media space
• Assist the marketing team with recommendations and solutions for digital and social media opportunities and generate ideas to be included in client presentations
• Assist with updating and maintaining the B2B website for NBC OTS, as well as the internal sales portal, and presentation archives.
• Proactively identify new sales opportunities and develop marketing materials for those ideas with guidance from your supervisor
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, advertising or marketing
• Minimum of 3 years marketing experience within a media company or agency is required
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Digital media/marketing with a robust understanding of the marketplace and platforms
• Must possess strong communication skills and a sound understanding of television and digital advertising/marketing, as well as fluency in the role of social media overall and specific digital/mobile applications in marketing campaigns
• Understanding of the latest technologies and how to apply them to advertiser solutions a must
• Ability to collaborate and operate within a team environment is necessary
• Excellent project management skills required – must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and able to shift gears at a moment's notice
• Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines – nights /weekend work is sometimes required
• Knowledge of media research and media planning is desired
• Superior oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
• Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook skills are required – must have the ability to create an engaging, visually creative and thoughtfully designed marketing presentation
• Proficiency with graphics program such as Photoshop or Fireworks helpful but not required.
• Knowledge of sports and sports marketing a plus
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal Skycastle is responsible for developing and managing comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns for advertising partners of the NBC Owned TV Stations, Telemundo Station Group, COZI TV, Comcast Regional Sportsnets and their digital and social platforms. NBCU Skycastle manages all components of campaign development, implementation, measurement and delivery metrics and works with the Skycastle Production team to deliver all the creative elements of a custom campaign.