Social Media Manager, Bravo
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to oversee Social Media Marketing and Digital campaigns, activations and Community Management for Bravo. This role will have a key hand in all aspects of the Social Media Group and its initiatives from strategy and ideation to execution. The Social Media Manager will coordinate with internal and external teams to obtain/manage necessary content, own campaign timelines and keep all parties abreast of campaign progress. The Social Media Manager will also play a big content strategy role in the group, ideating and creating social content that resonates with our core audiences, overseeing content creation on our brand social channels and ensuring consistency in social tone of voice.
The Social Media Manager must have a deep passion and knowledge of the social, digital and emerging media landscape and the ins and outs of core social platforms. They must keep up with updates and trends in the landscape and have a good sense of competitive across the entertainment industry on social. This candidate is both creative and also data-driven to inform insightful pivots and decisions that drive the brand forward through social. Strong writing skills in line with the social tone of voice of the brand and are a must. Passion for the Bravo brand is a non-negotiable. The Social Media Manager will report to the VP of Social Media.
• Help develop brand awareness and social media strategies around Bravo’s new and returning programs. Drive engagement and maintain brand health on social.
• Support VP in all social priorities for the brand, managing day-to-day activities, assisting in RFPs/briefings and project deliverables for social media pieces for social stunts/activations, tentpoles, one-off campaigns.
• Help evaluate campaign KPIs to align with the overall goals of programming tentpoles / the network.
• Lead ideation and planning of compelling social content for brands’ owned social channels with the purpose of engaging networks’ fan bases on core platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter as well as for ancillary platforms like Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube and Tumblr ; work closely with internal and external creative teams to bring content to life and lead planning and execution to get content integrated into content calendars strategically.
• Act as lead point of contact with external agencies. Oversee agencies to execute social activations, campaigns, content plans thoughtfully. Oversee strategic approach of social content calendars for the Brand to make sure key initiatives are socialized properly across A, B and C priority shows.
• Field/manage cross-department initiatives from internal groups including Consumer Marketing, Digital/Emerging Media, Partnership & Trade Marketing, Press, Programming, Production and manages the implementation of their plans in tandem with one another and with ongoing programming/brand priorities.
• Interface with internal groups to communicate our plans, attends cross-department meetings as main social representative and presents plans to Sr. Management when needed.
• Monitor trends in the industry and social media landscape including platforms, tools, applications, competitive campaigns.
• Oversee brands’ YouTube presence, coordinating cross-departmental initiatives on the channel to help drive all goals.
• Prepare analytics based social insights and content strategy pivot recommendations based on quantitative engagement metrics.
• Participate and lead brainstorms across departments to ideate social content ideas/campaigns big and small tied to programming priorities. Manage the road from brainstorm through execution on greenlit ideas.
• Run social media onboarding for new talent/cast members of various shows across Bravo.
• Help plan & execute one-off, bigger social activations that include influencers and talent such as Livestreams, social takeovers, influencer programs.
• Troubleshoot urgent community management issue
• 3-4 years’ experience in Social Media, Marketing or the Entertainment Industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Arts, Communications or related field.
• Proven track record of successful digital and social media marketing campaigns.
• Strong Project Management Skills; experience coordinating and interfacing with agencies, vendors, and companies.
• Tremendous attention to detail, a copy editors eye is a must.
• Strong writing skills and ability to adapt to brands’ social tone of voice ; a strong creative vision for social content creation and ideation that will resonate with our core audiences.
• Deep understanding of social media analytics across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat required; additional knowledge of platform analytics ideal.
• Knowledge of the competitive landscape and passion for the industry is a must.
• Experience in commissioning the production of video for online use is preferred. Motion graphics design and video editing skills with Adobe Premiere is a plus.
• Proven experience with MS Office: Powerpoint, Word and Outlook.
• Ideally proficient in Photoshop; must be deeply knowledgeable in creation & posting of image & video-based content to our social networks. Must have deep understanding of a “social first” approach to content types.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #38159BR)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Intimate understanding of social media space and emerging trends
• Passion for the unique brand and programming of Bravo
• Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a thirst to drive innovation
• Ability to communicate and present to senior executives
• Strong skills is creative strategy and thinking
• Proficient in social media content creation and ideation, up to date on trends and the latest content types being created in the social / entertainment industry space
• Proficient in a variety of social publishing, analytics and reporting tools
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.